Friday, June 3, 2011

Cheers!

Riley is hitting the bottle...

the rootbeer bottle! Perhaps it's a tiny celebration about turning in ALL of his text books today! There are only 7 days left of school. I think he's pretty excited. I know he needs a break. He has an outline/presentation to complete for Tuesday, and an extra credit report to do also for Tuesday. After that, it should be smooth sailing.

Riley has made up his three assignments in PE-every time a student is absent, they have to do a make-up assignment. Dumb. He has completed two make-up mile runs, and only has one more to do. Yesterday, he stayed after school to do a mile run. His teacher had him do just one lap, and doubled his time. I thought it was a very nice gesture. The day before, in class, Riley complained about having a hard time breathing during the second lap. The teacher emailed me and asked if he could have asthma, and stated that he would have him run only one lap and double the time. I don't think he has asthma , but I guess he could. He has had a cough for months, and maybe that's related? I don't have any experience with asthma, unless Quinn is sick-that's when he has asthma issues, and we dig out the nebulizer. Riley has a physical scheduled for next month, so I will ask his doctor what she thinks.

I am looking for ways to help Riley over the summer. He needs help in understanding/reacting to the things the kids say to him. Normal 13 year old stuff, and no it's not always nice, but it's not really bullying, just punks being punks, saying stupid stuff to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad. Riley doesn't get it. At. All. It's just not what he does to others. I don't know whether to seek social skills help for him or not. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment