Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Back to Work

Riley is settling back into the routine of school, after spring break. He's done a great job of getting right back into the school routine. Now, if only we can get the science fair project done! I think it's due May 19. Riley's been working on it and working on it and working on it, and we are all getting pretty sick of it. He has to write up different parts, then he takes it to school, then he redoes those same parts. It's crazy, and in the end it seems to me that the project will be more of the teacher's project than Riley's, with all of the redoing. I believe this is the last one he will ever have to do though as I don't believe they participate in high school. Fingers crossed.

Look closely. Riley is smiling WITH teeth, and without prompting. That's a true sign that he was happy. He so needed that little trip to Disneyland and Legoland. I think I needed it more to see him smiling and happy. He was in his element, with no complaints (other than the fact that his brother is not as well versed in Disney trivia as he is). It's been a tough school year for him. We are all hoping that next school year will be so much better. I am also hoping that we will have his testing done-at least at the regional center. We still have lots of wait time for Stanford. The regional center should have an opening sometime this summer. Those results will help a lot in determining if we keep the 504 plan for Riley, or if I go for an IEP for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment