Thursday, April 7, 2011

Obsessions

At dinner tonight, Riley was quite chatty. He's usually pretty quiet, a man of few words, but tonight he was especially chatty. We went to Fresh Choice for dinner. He talked the entire time about Disney. It is his latest, longest obsession. That got me thinking to all of the obsessions he's had over the years: diggers (construction vehicles), makes/models of cars, states/capitals, letters, Titanic, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and now Disney, plus Super Mario/Pokemon video games, Youtube videos and Wikipedia. The Disney obsession has been the longest though. He reads something Disney related every day (but then again, I think his Dad does too). I think we are all Disney geeks in this house though, so it's natural. We feed the obsession. Oh well, he enjoys it, and who am I to deny him that?
Riley had to create a game-or he chose to, or something like that. He created a Disney game. I think he was in 1st grade.
We've been to Disneyland a jillion times. This is from our trip for the 50th anniversary. Can you see that Riley's missing his two front teeth? Adorable.

Yet another trip-or it could be the same trip. We've got tons of pictures of our kids at Disneyland. Like I said, we are Disney geeks.

Riley went to the lab this morning. He survived. He was already upset when he and Kevin left this morning. I knew he didn't want to do it. I guess the complaints were abundant, all the way there, and during. The same nice lady from three weeks ago was there, and it sounds like she put him ahead of others this morning (as she did three weeks ago). Did I tell you about that? His pediatrician wanted blood work, so we went three weeks ago. My mom went with me. It was not fun. Riley nearly passed out. I just stood there and cried. Luckily my mom was there with me. So today there was some freaking out too, but it was over quickly, and he didn't pass out. The lab opened at 7:15 and when I texted Kevin, at 7:30, they were already done. Riley got chocolate donuts and Gatorade for breakfast before getting dropped off at school. He even removed the cotton ball on his own, during recorder class. We are finished with blood work for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment